Come be a part of a regional team of young and vibrant, innovative individuals in our trendy office in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
Our vision is to for 100 million people to have attended an Alpha by 2020. Everyone who works for Alpha plays a key role in contributing to this vision. Our mission is bigger than any individual task but together our work contributes to the bigger picture. As a Christian organisation our faith is an integral part of our working culture.
The candidate for this role will be to direct the accounting services performed to ensure accuracy and completeness and to ensure that all internal controls and financial policies are applied and followed.
Based in Kuala Lumpur, the Accounts Executive has responsibility for a number of entities including 1) Alpha Malaysia 2) Alpha Asia Pacific 3) HTBB 4) Alpha Asia Pacific Publishing Pte Ltd and 5) related Alpha organisations.
• Knowledge of and passion for Alpha
• On board with and excited about the vision for Alpha
• Spiritual maturity and unquestioned integrity
• High energy
• ‘Can do’ attitude
• Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Culturally adaptable
• Keep full set of financial accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards
• Processing payables, receivables, journal entries, petty cash, etc.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting and analysis
• Prepare monthly and quarterly cash flow report
• Prepare financial slides for Board Meetings
• Prepare Year-end closing/Accruals for Audit
• Prepare periodic reports as and when require by the Management and Board of Directors on matters related to overall performance of the Companies
• Regular liaison and dialogue with Auditors, Company Secretary and Tax Agent
• Paperwork for the Opening/Closing of Bank Accounts, Additions/Deletions of bank signatories
• Possess Diploma or Degree in Accountancy/Finance
• At least 3 years of experience in multi-national company is preferred
• Self-motivated, hardworking and willingness to work with minimum supervision
• Must be meticulous and able to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of package accounting systems (e.g. MYOB)
• Experience of working in cross cultural environment and team working ability
• Computer literacy and proficient in MS Excel
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Language skills: Written and Oral - English and Chinese (for correspondence with China counterparts)
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith. The vision
of Alpha is to see the evangelisation of the nations and the transformation of societies. Our mission is to inspire, train, equip and mobilise churches around the world into more effective evangelism through Alpha and its related ministries. Today more than 29 million people around the world have attended Alpha.
How to apply
To apply, submit your application with full resume, current and expected salary to Esther.Appadurai@alpha.org